Guz_Allergic_Reaction_Fish_Pie_Morrisons_Patterson-003

Guz_Allergic_Reaction_Fish_Pie_Morrisons_Patterson-003

Picture: Lorne Campbell / Guzelian
Michelle Patterson of Keighley, West Yorkshire, who was hospitalised after suffering a violent allergic reaction to a fish pie. She is allergic to code, and it was not detailed on the labelling that the pie contained cod.
WORDS BY GUZELIAN
PICTURE TAKEN ON THURSDAY 23 MARCH 2017
A mother-of-six was left hospitalised after suffering a terrifying allergic to fish pie she had bought from a Morrisons store in West Yorkshire.

Michelle Patterson, from Keighley, had to be rushed to Airedale Hospital by paramedics after she was struggling to breathe on March 3.

The 55-year-old, who is allergic to cod, believes she could have died had she not stopped eating it and calling on Morrisons to look at its labelling of the product as it had no specific mention of cod.

“I was lucky I stopped eating it after just four mouthfuls,” said Ms Patterson, who runs a business buying and selling secondhand goods.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>